The 2 Minute Foundation Academy is dedicated to education. Under the Academy umbrella, we offer all sorts of programmes, catering for everyone from school groups to hen parties, and from beach clean volunteers to corporate away days.
Some of the Academy branches are already thriving and successful, while others are still in the planning stage. We’re raising money to continue building and progressing The 2 Minute Academy.
A 1-2 year programme offering learning, both on the ground or online. Our training academy courses are suitable for anyone: from teens doing their D of E award, to adults, from people in employment to retirees and from people looking for a change of career to those who just want to expand their environmental knowledge.
The 2 Minute Angel Academy
We are currently raising money to develop our Angel Academy. Offering a structured training program that not only helps to promote the work of The 2 Minute Foundation, but provides our local ‘Guardian Angel’ volunteers with the skills, experience and qualifications that will benefit them in any future employment.
During the academy year, Guardian Angels (GA’s) will have the opportunity to join a whole host of free training events (remotely or face to face) – from how to run a beach clean to carrying out surveys, and from finding microplastics to public speaking courses.
The volunteers will have a designated tutor who will work with them individually to help them achieve their targets, and a strong support network of other Academy volunteers in their area, along with the team at HQ, helping them along the way.
Our Guardian Angels come from all stages of life – we welcome everyone from students, new graduates, to people wanting a career change later in life.
The 2 Minute Foundation GA’s will move on from the Academy with the skills to be an asset to any company or environmental charity they join.
We also offer formal qualifications throughout the academy year – aiming to partner with other organisations such as Cornwall Wildlife Trust, the MCS, and BDMLR to provide those certifications.
The 2 Minute Expeditions
Offering day-long or week-long activity-packed retreats.
Our 2 Minute Expeditions incorporate a whole day of activities focused around enjoying, understanding and looking after our natural environment
Expeditions may include a walk across the cliffs, a talk about climate change, cliff erosion, extreme beach cleaning or boulder scrambling…
We can tailor anything to anyone: whether it’s snorkel or Scuba cleans, coasteering, surf lessons, foraging, fire-making. What’s more, we are working with local activity suppliers to develop activities with an environmental twist, enhance learning opportunities and support the local economy.
Our bespoke expeditions and retreats are suitable for all adult groups, including:
- Business away days, team building and CSR trips
- Adult learning groups
- Birthday parties, hen / stag events
Online and Remote Activities
Our 2-minute TV channel is all about educating people – 2 minutes at a time.
- 2 Minutes on the Beach – Bite sized info including fun stuff to do at the beach for children and adults, that isn’t just building a sand castle or digging a hole… There’s a big focus on the science side of things, too – bringing education into your next trip to the beach.
- 2 Minute Solutions – a series of short videos about things that are going wrong in the world – and what you can do about it.
- 2 Minutes of Positivity – environmental issues don’t have to be all doom and gloom. Our Positivity videos inject 2 minutes of positive thinking into your day.
The 2 Minute Beach School
Our 2 Minute Beach School is all about getting kids outside learning. Currently running on Crooklets Beach in Bude, Cornwall, the 2Minute Beach school is free for everyone, all year round.
Our ambition is to have 2 Minute Beach Schools all over the country, with the flagship school in Bude. Our current offering includes:
- Series of lessons for local schools – regular visits over any given period of time
- One-off school visits – a school group can come to the beach school for one day
- Local regular sessions – sessions designed for home educated students, parent and toddlers, families and adults only.
- Virtual field trips in the classroom – ideal for schools outside the area
- 12+ club – after-school club for teenagers: equivalent of Scouts or Guides with activities related to the beach environment, for children aspiring to be the ultimate beach warriors.
- Local regular drop ins – Sessions designed for Home Educated students, families, parent and toddlers and adults only.
- After-school clubs, for Primary or Secondary aged children. Equivalent of Scouts or Guides with activities related to the beach environment, for children aspiring to be the ultimate beach warriors.
Our 2 Minute Academy has received funding from outdoor clothing brand Fjällräven for our first six months.
We are currently seeking funding to build up and develop all branches of The 2 Minute Academy to provide amazing environmental education opportunities and beach activities for everyone all around the country.
Donate via The Big Give from 30th November to 7th December, and whatever you give to our Academy campaign will be doubled by The Big Give!